Andrea Communications traces its roots back to the early 1920s and the founding of the FADA Radio and Electric Corporation.
Originally established to produce crystal detectors for the radio industry, FADA went on to produce a variety of popular radios that are highly sought-after by collectors to this day. After the company was sold, the founder started the Andrea Radio Corporation in 1934. Andrea was a leader in radio production throughout the 1940s, became known for producing the “Cadillac of televisions” in the 1950s, and supplied the audio system used by the astronauts who flew the Mercury spacecraft in the 1960s.
In 1990, when the company launched its noise cancellation division, it was renamed Andrea Electronics Corporation, to better reflect its new direction. In April 2015, the company sold its headset business, and Andrea Communications was born.